Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Gate City road work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Gate City road work

    Drove across Wadlow Gap yesterday into Weber City and was surprised at the progress already on the new bypass being built. Hopefully, this will be beneficial to the area in the future. Just glad I don't have to encounter the construction delays every day. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City road work

    I noticed it last Friday. Are they going to make it four lane to the TN side?
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City road work

    [ QUOTE ]
    I noticed it last Friday. Are they going to make it four lane to the TN side?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    As far as I know, no.

    They are just streamlining the 224 (Wadlow Gap Rd)/23 intersection. If memory serves, the roads will connect between Big Break and Food City.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City road work

    Sounds like a waste of money to me. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Seems like an effort to make the road wider to TN would be better.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City road work

    [ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like a waste of money to me. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Seems like an effort to make the road wider to TN would be better.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I've said the same thing on more than one occasion. They bought all that property along 224 and 23 at least 3 or 4 years ago, shut down all those businesses.

    I'll admit that the 224/58/23 intersections needed work. I can remember days (when I was working in Kingsport) when I would spend 20 minutes getting from the 224/58 intersection to the 58/23 intersection.

    The original plan was to have a huge cloverleaf (and that might still be the plan). 72 and 71 will come together and bypass Gate City altogether.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City road work

    That is what I heard the plan is to eventually be, joining 72 & 71 all the way to just outside of Dungannon.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •